Make Green Bean Casserole the way my husband and his family like it - cheesey!
- The Ingredients:
- 2 cans of cut green beans
- 1 can of french cut green beans
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- shredded cheddar cheese - we use about 6 oz.
- 1-2 tps pepper (optional and to taste)
- 2-4 Tbsp paprika (optional and to taste)
- French's Fried Onion crunchies - enough to cover top of casserole
Mix together the green beans and the cream of chicken soup in an 8x8x2 inch baking dish. Stir in the grated cheese, the paprika and the pepper until well blended. Smooth out the top and bake in a 350*F oven for 30-45 minutes or until hot and cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle the fried onion crunchies on top. Place back in the oven and bake uncovered for 3-6 minutes, or until onions are a golden brown. Serve hot.
Turned out fantastic as always, the onions were the perfect golden brown color, the ratio of cheese to beans was superb.
Everyone loved it! I had not a single spoonful of leftovers. Yay :)