Monday, December 6, 2010

Chicken Parmesan

The Mission:

I wanted to try something a little different with my Chicken Parmesan this time around, but I got so busy that I fell back onto my old standard. Oh well - it still tasted really yummy. (And of course I forgot to take any pictures since I was trying to get dinner ready in a hurry!)


The Ingredients:

  • 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts - trimmed off fat
  • 1 cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese - grated
  • 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese - shredded
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 pound of cooked thin spaghetti or Angel hair pasta
  • 1 jar of your preferred marinara/spaghetti sauce

The Instructions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 350*F
  2. In a shallow bowl, dredge each piece of chicken in the milk, then coat with the bread crumbs.
  3. Place breaded chicken into a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
  4. Bake for 30 - 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. While waiting for chicken, boil the pasta according to the instructions and warm the sauce until hot.
  5. When chicken is done, top with the shredded mozzarella and return to oven for 5 - 10 minutes or until cheese is melty.
  6. Serve chicken with the pasta and the sauce.

The Results & Reviews:

The chicken turned out just fine, but I served it with a marinara sauce as opposed to my husband's favorite spaghetti sauce (Prego meat flavored) so he didn't think it was as good. Next time I'll make sure to use our normal sauce! But all in all this is an easy recipe to make and it does taste pretty good. In the future I hope to make a really great chicken parmesan that is truly something to brag about.

1 comment:

Reka Stormborn said...

And why can't you brag about this version? Isn't this the recipe you made for my prom dinner? That you were so wonderful to cook as well as serve? I think that's worth bragging over. 8-)