Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Yummy Marinade

The Mission: Make my delicious marinade to pour over boneless tenderloin chops for dinner. I'm not sure where I first came across this recipe. It appears to be something printed out and cut into a 4x6 recipe card, and it's covered in splattered spots... most likely soy sauce. Anyway - it's very good. Even my picky eater of a husband likes it, and he knows what's in it!

The Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup peanut oil
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 3 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • 1 Tbsp chopped parsely
  • 1 Tbsp dry mustard
  • 1 1/2 tsp pepper
  • Whatever meat you want - pork, chicken, etc.

The Instructions:

Combine all of the ingredients together and mix well, recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups of marinade. Place in a shallow container or a heavy duty zip-lock plastic bag. Add whatever meat you desire, turning to coat. Cover or seal and chill at least 4 hours,turning meat occasionally. Grill, bake, broil, or sautee meat as desired until meat reaches proper temperature. Serve with your favorite sides.

The Result:

Delicious as always. I've tested it out on many people using both chicken and pork. Chicken is a big favorite. I've never tried it with beef... maybe I'll do that some day. I typically marinade overnight because I find it easier to make it the night before.

The Reviews:

I've named this "Yummy Marinade" because that is what my sister called it in the past. I've never gotten a bad review on this one - even though my picky husband loathes many of the ingredients. If you have a picky eater - just don't tell them what's in it. You can rub it in later ;)

No comments: