Friday, November 14, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies!

The Request: Some of my husband's friends (all single) apparently get cravings for homemade food. So they end up at my house for dinner and dessert often. One of their favorite things is the simple yet delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie. I make them every time they have a big cook-out with their car club. I've never had to take leftover cookies home!

The Recipe: Nestle Tollhouse's Original Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter flavored shortening
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups chocolate chips.

Cream the shortening, the sugars, and the eggs. Add vanilla, soda, and salt. Gradually blend in flour. Add chocolate chips (I like to add a bit extra). Drop by rounded Tbsp onto cookie sheets. Bake in a 375* oven for 9-11 minutes. Cool on racks before storing.



The Result: I've never made a bad batch ;) Usually I double the recipe to maximize the yumminess. I love to eat them slightly warm with a nice glass of cold milk.

1 comment:

Mrs. Potts said...

My mouth is watering...I want some cookies!