Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Weekly Menu: January 3 - 8, 2010

I have become complacent in my meal planning and rarely cook any new concoctions.... and even though I tried new things over the holidays, I was too lazy and too busy to spend much time documenting and blogging about them. Oh well! There's always next holiay season :) But for now, there's the start of a new year and a new plan....

In an attempt to get my life back on track, become more organized, and rekindle my love for my kitchen, I'm working hard at menu planning for each week. This ensures that the grocery shopping will be productive, that I won't be stressing out each day over what to make for dinner, meats will be thawed & marinated on time, fresh veggies will not go to waste, and I can generally keep things calm and effective in the kitchen.

So for this week, I have planned on the following meals:

Sunday 1/03/2010:
Shake 'n' bake chicken, frozen peas, fresh carrots, and sauteed potatoes.

Monday 1/04:
Pulled venison BBQ, green beans, and biscuits.

Tuesday 1/05:
Seasame ginger chicken breast, broccoli, and rice with soy sauce.

Wednesday 1/06:
Meatloaf, pinto beans, and california blend veggies.

Thursday 1/07:
Roasted pork loin, butter beans, and steamed cabbage

Friday 1/08:
Venison pot roast with potatoes and carrots (new recipe!), green beans, and a fun dessert... maybe pumpkin custard....

No comments: